May 20th – A Special Community Happy Hour for Faith Groups
May 20 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Guest-Hosted By Beth Israel Congregation
Date: Thursday, May 20th
Time: 1:00 -2:00 p.m. via Zoom
Learn about how local people are bridging the gap between poverty and privilege – and how you can be part of this social innovation.
In these challenging times, we invite you to join us for a little inspiration about how some people locally are finding ways to connect and care for each-other.
Bridges Peterborough and the Outreach and Events Committee of Beth Israel Peterborough would like to invite you to join with us for a “Happy Hour” of networking together as faith groups, to learn more about the a local social innovation that is changing the conversation about poverty and privilege in our community and beyond.
We’ll learn about the Bridges Out of Poverty framework and think about:
- Underlying causes of poverty
- Hidden rules of class
- 11 Essential Resources for a stable life
- What are Bridging Teams and how are they making a difference in the lives of under-resourced and over-resourced people in Peterborough?
- How can we, as faith communities, be part of the movement to propel this important work forward?
- Mini interactive breakout exercise where we will get a taste of how we can work together to develop two- way listening skills, and experience the empowerment that comes from being truly heard.
- Gain further insight and appreciation for the skills, expertise and knowledge of those of us who are under-resourced.
- Learn about training opportunities for you and others in your faith community
For more information and to find our social feeds visit, BridgesPeterborough.ca
You can also e-mail us at email@example.com