- This event has passed.
May 11th – Happy Hour Community Connection
May 11 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
Date: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 Time: 7:00 – 8:00 PM
Learn about how local people are bridging the gap between poverty and privilege – and how you can be part of this social innovation.
To Register in advance for this meeting: CLICK HERE
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
In these challenging times, we invite you to join us for a little inspiration about how some people locally are finding ways to connect and care for each-other.
Bridges Peterborough would like to invite you to join with us for a “Happy Hour” of networking together, to learn more about the a local social innovation that is changing the conversation about poverty and privilege in our community and beyond.
We’ll learn about the Bridges Out of Poverty framework and think about:
- Underlying causes of poverty
- Hidden rules of class
- 11 Essential Resources for a stable life
- What are Bridging Teams and how are they making a difference in the lives of under-resourced and over-resourced people in Peterborough?
- How can we, as community members, be part of the movement to propel this important work forward?
- Mini interactive breakout exercise where we will get a taste of how we can work together to develop two- way listening skills, and experience the empowerment that comes from being truly heard.
- Gain further insight and appreciation for the skills, expertise and knowledge of those of us who are under-resourced.
- Learn about training opportunities for you and others in your community
For more information, and to find our social feeds visit, BridgesPeterborough.ca
You can also e-mail us at email@example.com